Create a WordPress Website in 2 Minutes With Bluehost (Tutorial)
Are you looking for the best and quickest way to build a website for your online store or blog? Building a website Sounds daunting, I know, but with platforms like WordPress, you can create professional grade website in minutes with a host like Bluehost and begin adding unique content almost immediately. For those new to the digital realm, it may help to know a bit more about WordPress and its benefits.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the largest Content Management System in the world.
Millions of websites use it as a platform for organizing their digital content. Its features allow users, you, to create a basic website, customize it, add content, and best of all: it’s free! Yes, free. You start saving money right from the start since you will not be required to pay any software fee.
Another benefit is its ease of use.
You do not have to have any programming experience to become a WordPress guru. It has a visual editor which allows you to bypass any coding whatsoever, and create content based on how you want it to look. Plugins will help you add app-like functions to your site. This allows you to customize, monetize, and integrate fully with social media.
When it comes to money, I already stated that use of WordPress is free, but there is more cost-savings than that. WordPress sites are cheap to use and maintain. Due to the strong development that goes into WordPress plugins, so many high-quality add-ons are available for you to use. Some have a small fee, but many are free to implement on your website.
Lastly, WordPress puts you at the helm.
No waiting for others to do a job you can’t because you don’t know how to or cost is too much. You can control your website, and you can make changes on a whim or with great deliberation. For those you choose to collaborate with, freelance coders or writers, you can give them administrative access that allows you to delegate work and get things done while you are working your day job. Passive income should be just that – passive. Once you get things started, it should be easy to have others help you keep the ball rolling.
Whether you plan on creating one site to bring in some extra income, or you want to make big bucks managing multiple websites, you are going to need a premium host. This is where Bluehost comes it. Their software allow you to host up to 100 WordPress websites and manage them all. For a low price of $6.99 per month, it’s among the most affordable products of its kind. Here are some more Bluehost perks:
- It’s competitively priced.
- Free domain for LIFE.
- Hosting and managing of multiple domains.
- Unlimited space and transfer bandwidths.
- Automated backups for files and databases.
- You get commission if anyone clicks a Bluehost affiliate link on your site and chooses to use Bluehost.
Now that you know all about the software you will be using, it’s time to learn how to build your website.
Create Your Website
- You can begin doing this by signing up for Bluehost. The website is easy to navigate. You will need to give them a domain name, so be sure to have one in mind. If your domain is already being used, Bluehost will offer you similar ones.
- Install WordPress onto Bluehost. Once your account is set up, it’s easy to set this up. Bluehost will guide you through this, but in a nutshell: download the latest version of WordPress, unzip it, and upload it to Bluehost using an FTP (file transfer protocol).
- Create a database. This is where all of your WordPress site data will be saved to. It is also the place where your website queries from. This means any time a page loads, it pulls data from this folder. Use Bluehost’s control panel to create one with a password and username for WordPress to connect with.
- Access WordPress’ dashboard and create a theme. This is where you start building what your audience will see. Keep it simple, at first, and don’t spend too much time deliberating over a theme. Just make sure that whatever it is, it works has everything you need to showcase your content. You can change it later. When you have the time to sit down and think about your theme, consider these things: Does it meet your requirements? Can I customize it? Will my site outgrow it? Is the color scheme compatible with my brand?
- Play with plugins. This is where you want to take some time to think about what you need. Think about what social media you want to connect to and what will make your life easier. Now would also be a good time to familiarize yourself with webmaster tools. Learn to upload, add media, and edit content.
- Secure your website. You can do this a few ways. First, and the most simple, keep your version of WordPress updated. If a new version comes out, use it. They will try to fix any holes in security with each upgrade. Second, keep the version of WordPress you are using off of your website. You could be telling hackers how to best exploit security holes by doing this. Third, make sure your user name is not ADMIN. It’s so common, malicious people will always check it first.
Create Essential Content
This includes your About Us page, Contact page, Products page, and Home page. These pages are basic but importanat. You shouldn’t need the help of a freelance writer for these unless you have to write some lengthy product descriptions.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is how you will draw target audiences to your content. You can utilize a plugin to do this. When looking for an SEO plugin, you’ll want these features:
- It can generate an XML site map.
- Allows you to control meta data site-wide and at the post level.
- Control of noindex and nofollow so that you can keep wrong pages from showing up in search engine results. The goal is to get your page at the top of a Google search.
Set Up Analytics
Analytics is a great way to get data on your website. It can tell you what pages readers visited, how long they stayed, how they got to your site, and how many pages they viewed. Google’s Analytics is very popular and free to use. You can create an account with them, and begin using it right away.
Create Unique Content
You can write it all yourself or hire a freelance writer, but what really drives your income will be content. Keep your blog updated often, and always offer the most current news in whatever niche your writing in. Great content is only relevant if its timely.
Once your website is built, you will be off to a running start. For specific questions or elaboration, feel free to click the Contact Me link in the menu.